[CS-FSLUG] Logic

edoc7 edoc7 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 5 19:25:07 CDT 2006

> Once again I see him saying that there is no distinction when
> considering the salvation given freely to all.  The prior history of the
> Law is no advantage (nor is social state or gender).  We all have equal
> access through Jesus Christ.
>
> Consider your argument carefully.  If you are implying that these verses
> suggest that there are absolutely no differences between Jew and Greek
> (e.g. Western thinking vs. Eastern thinking) you need to be ready to say
> there is absolutely no difference between male and female and therefore
> nothing wrong with homosexuality.
>
> sjm

Wow, so when I say that there are no significant differences
between internal combustion engines it requires extrapolation
to all features of all motor vehicles?

The result of following your process of reasoning one is thus
forced to declare that there are no differences between any
motor vehicles?

Same irrational assumption of extrapolation followed
by a stream of logical processes leading to an irrational
conclusion.

Your extrapolation escapes the clear limits of context.

The true application of those verses is in relationship
to ethnicity not lifestyle choices.

Prejudices and efforts to impose religious tradition
were getting in the way of acceptance of the teachings
of Christ and love for one another.

Just as Jesus swept away the nonsense piled upon the
Word of God by the Pharisees and Sadducees on the Jewish
side He also swept aside the pagan and hyper-intellectualism
on the Greek/Gentile side.

Jesus was saying that His Word applied to all equally,
that there were no special people, that truth trumps
tradition, and that His Word was available to understanding
and application by anyone.

He was clearly stating that one did not have to become a
Jew to follow Him.  Paul restated this and even had to
correct Peter at one point for drifting into the errors
of the Judaizers.

Off to church ... doc