[CS-FSLUG] OT: WinXP <-> Samba

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Thu Aug 3 08:15:33 CDT 2006

I'd recommend using tcpdump to see what traffic is being sent. Then you
can be sure you have it right and aren't opening up things needlessly.
You'll also gain an understanding of what's going on. You can narrow the
mess you see by using the command like this:

tcpdump host winxpIPaddress

As you get things straightened out, you can exclude ports to make it
easier to read.

tcpdump host winxpIPaddress and not port 80 and 22

JSR/