[CS-FSLUG] timestamp, was Re: Fw: GM vs Microsoft

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Apr 17 19:55:54 CDT 2006

Alan Trick wrote:

> That said, IMHO, I think Linux is actually better, than Windows, at the
> user interface bit. Not that that says very much. My experience with
> Macs is largely a negative one so I won't comment on them.
>
> So why don't people use Linux? It's different. At least that's my
> experience.

Agreed, but I have to have one machine running Windows because the Sword
Project can't supply some modules I need for Bible research; also,
Bibletime is broken on most distros I am willing to use, and GnomeSword
is not offered, nor simple to build. I use e-Sword, instead. Also, my
donated Panasonic dot-matrix is so poorly supported in CUPS/Ghostprint
it's unusable. I do what I have to do for the service to which I'm
called, and with the equipment donated for the task.

--
Ed Hurst