[CS-FSLUG] timestamp, was Re: Fw: GM vs Microsoft

Alan Trick alantrick at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 19:32:10 CDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 10:33 -0500, doc wrote:

> Most Linux problems are chair-keyboard interface errors.

Mabye, but don't underestimate the seriousness of this problem. Some of
them are really nothing more than "Problem exists between keyboard and
chair", but many of them are things that could be fixed by a better user
interface. That's why I use Gnome, even though KDE is technically better
in many ways.

That said, IMHO, I think Linux is actually better, than Windows, at the
user interface bit. Not that that says very much. My experience with
Macs is largely a negative one so I won't comment on them.

So why don't people use Linux? It's different. At least that's my
experience.

Alan Trick