[CS-FSLUG] timestamp, was Re: Fw: GM vs Microsoft

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 17 20:47:54 CDT 2006

> So why don't people use Linux? It's different. At least that's my
> experience. Alan Trick

My family uses Linux because I refuse to support
an active MS machine.  We do have one MS machine
with Win98 for learning programs whose coders lacked
the competence to make them cross-platform compatible
and because I haven't made the time to set up Wine.

My family would prefer the MS version of windows
because MS has successfully persuaded business
partners (co-conspirators) to block access to the
minimal data necessary for Linux drivers to be
written, or for proprietary online technologies to
be readily experienced directly from Linux.

It is pitiful that Gates & Thugs cannot compete in
a truly free and open marketplace given their massive
advantages in money and corporate size but there it
is.

Meanwhile I try to load all of the latest workarounds
so Flash and Shockwave and WMV and etc. may be viewed
from Seamonkey on a Linux box and really struggle to
get Linux to talk to a Samsung laser printer or a
wireless pci card whose chipset changed from a Linux
friendly one to a Linux-unfriendly one in the middle
of production and the manufacturer is not obligated
(nor professional enough) to note that on the package
or anywhere in their pre-sales materials.

Linux is a superior technology same as Beta was to
VHS.  Those who needed the superior technology in
the broadcast industry stayed with Beta and paid the
premium, the uninformed masses bought the marketing
misinformation and went with VHS.

Sigh ... carefully climbs down off his soapbox.

--
Respectfully ... dmc

Home page: http://bibleseven.com

Biblical Christianity is Jesus