[CS-FSLUG] OT: Seminary [was TD: Gospel of Judas]

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Tue Apr 11 12:05:42 CDT 2006

On Sunday 09 April 2006 15.06, Chris Brault wrote:
> Indeed sir,
>

> That said, it is difficult to find a seminary that hasn't
> "compromised" the "literal" truths.  This means that you can get
> strange views of Revelation, the gospels and even Genesis.  It is my
> opinion that, and I hate to say this, that if one is looking for a
> good, solidly biblical seminary, then one must seek a "conservative"
> seminary that holds fast to the literal truths of the Bible.

Not necessarily. I am very happy with the seminary I've studied at while
in the U.S. (Calvin Theological Seminary). It was not a "conservative"
seminary, but the teaching was thoroughly Biblical, evangelical, and
Reformed. We had scholars of several persuasions giving occassional,
special lectures and conferences (in 2001 we had Wolfhart Pannenberg,
Jürgen Moltmann, William Dembski and few others); but the teachers are
uncompromising in their stand for the Biblical faith as it is expressed
in the Three Forms of Unity.

Calvin Seminary is far from perfect and there are undoubtedly many
defects in it; but my point is that such schools do exist.

> Another thing I hate to say is that many denominations have folded to
> modern political pressure and pin their hopes on votes or have given
> into political correctness,  I fear it is the end for them, "having a
> form of religion" but denying it's power.

How true.

Blessings,

Eduardo

--