[CS-FSLUG] [OT] The Bible on How to Treat Aliens (or immigrants)

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 8 21:10:34 CDT 2006

 > Yama Ploskonka wrote:
> hmmm.  Interesting.  You say that obeying all laws, however unjust, is
> what Christians should do?  British government.  Slavery.  All good and
> rightful, and set up by authorities, who we know, are set up by _____

No, I did not say that.

 From what I am reading here Christians are free to
violate any law they please and then plead that
everyone else should just look the other way?

I guess it is impossible to be a criminal if you
are a Christian, or from the sound of it no matter
who you are so long as your actions are directed
at taking by any means whatever you want from the USA.

Sigh.

> I believe in following the law.  But I believe more in Higher Law,
> which, when they come get us (with the law) and forbid our faith, as
> they are already, is what will count.

Who decides what is "Higher Law" and what is not in
the case of Illegal Aliens?

The Bible is silent on the issue of USA immigration
policy -- given that there has been presented no
evidence of any violations of God's law embedded
therein -- we are forbidden to add or take away from
God's Word so there is no Biblical issue here at all.

Being earnestly concerned about the people whom the
government of Mexico, and other nations, mis-serve
so badly that they cannot earn a living at home is
not a justification to declare Biblical amnesty
for deliberate illegal actions.

A Biblical position would be to find ways to help
the Mexico (and other nations) to fix what is so
badly broken in their own economies.

The leftist political nonsense about open borders
may be seen more clearly in this illustration:

You have a family of two adults and four children.
You work really hard and manage to pay your bills
and still have time to be responsible parents.

Someone comes and says "There are ten children
desperate for a place to live and you must take
them."

Both parents now have to work 80 hours a week.
You neglect your children and still fail to meet
the bills.  You lose your home and jobs and everyone
ends up in the streets.  All of the children turn to
drugs and prostitution. You are arrested and jailed.
Everyone loses.

Porous borders is leading the USA in this direction,
failure to enforce our immigration laws will assure
it.

We have to think with our brains before we act
merely from momentary emotions.

We can help without slaughtering the golden goose
so that everyone starves to death in the dark and
the cold.

It is not callous it is using the brains that
God gave us ... He expects us to use them.

--
Respectfully ... dmc

Home page: http://bibleseven.com

Biblical Christianity is Jesus