[CS-FSLUG] City attacks Catholic Church

Legatus lists at runyanrants.net
Fri Apr 7 23:39:59 CDT 2006

doc wrote:

> This would mean three options for Christian colleges:
>
> 1.  Adhere and sell-out the Bible.

Sadly many "Christian" Colleges seem to be doing this just to have
better sports teams. I don't doubt more would follow for the purpose of
money. Remember that most of the Ivy league schools used to be our
greatest seminaries in the US.

> 2.  Find a way to provide non-Federal sources of financial
> aid for students and to cut expenses (a strong reason to
> move away from brick & mortar to online and decentralized
> formats)

Meeting in a classroom has benefits. I hope it doesn't get tossed out
for expediency. I think the two should live together. I believe
Federally backed loans have been the cause of the rise in tuition. It
follows that if a student can get a loan for a certain amount, that a
college will then find a way to reach that amount. Over the years,
college tuition has risen every time the federal limits rise. What a
grand way to send our young people into the world. Here is your degree
and $150K in debt.

> 3.  Close.

Sadly, the most scrupulous institutions will probably due just that. I
pray that churches and Christian individuals see the value in these
institutions and prop them up of their own free will.