[CS-FSLUG] City attacks Catholic Church

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 7 15:10:57 CDT 2006

 > Ed Hurst wrote:
> I'm guessing most on the list are not Catholic. Still, we overlap on
> such a broad range of things, you'd have to worry when a city government
> openly attacks Catholics for doing the same things we all would likely do.
>
>     http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49631
>

> ------------ excerpt ------------
> In the March 21 measure, the city's board condemned Catholic moral
> teaching on homosexuality and urged the archbishop of San Francisco and
> Catholic Charities of San Francisco to defy church directives
> prohibiting homosexual adoptions.
>
> The resolution alludes to the Vatican as a foreign country meddling in
>       the affairs of the city and describes the church's moral teaching
> and beliefs as "insulting to all San Franciscans," "hateful," "insulting
> and callous," "defamatory," "absolutely unacceptable," "insensitive and
> ignorant."
> -------------- end -------------
>
> Of course, the Catholics are hitting back with a lawsuit. While I'm
> hardly surprised this happened in some place like San Francisco, what's
> to stop other cities attacking *your* church?

This attack on the Roman Catholic church and
its affiliated businesses and organizations is
not the first on a church and is sure to not be
the last.

Late days of these End Times prophesy predicts
this.  Christians in many other parts of the
world have been suffering persecution for decades
but when these callous and hate-filled attacks
occur here in the USA then we know things have
really declined to irreversible conditions.

The enemies of Biblical Christendom, and anything
that even vaguely resembles it, have escalated
their efforts to discredit and render outright
illegal anything that honors Christ.

Christians leaders need to catch a clue that the
time is short and they need to teach fat-and-happy
USA Christians how to survive persecution and to
prepare Christian organizations to survive as well.

I am afraid that our children are inheriting a
much much spiritually uglier world than we did.
The Lord appears to be loosening the chains on
the Enemy in preparation for the tribulation
and beyond.

I feel sorry for those who think they will skip
the tribulation -- plenty of Christians across
the world can testify that such is not so -- it
is pre-Rath not pre-Trib when the Rapture happens.

--
Respectfully ... dmc

Home page: http://bibleseven.com

Biblical Christianity is Jesus