[CS-FSLUG] City attacks Catholic Church

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 7 19:19:24 CDT 2006

>     Here's my question, doc:  according to your interpretation of
>     Scripture, do those 95%, whom you predict will fall away because
>     "their discipleship has been so shallow," lose their salvation, or
>     were they never saved to begin with.  If the latter, then why does
>     Our Lord state it the way he does -- that "enuring to the end" will
>     save those who do so?
>
> Perhaps I should have written my question as follows:  "... If the
> latter, then why does Our Lord make the statement in this way,
> suggesting that 'in order for a man to be saved, he must endure in his
> faith (or discipleship, or obedience to the Gospel, or however one
> wishes to state it) to the end.'  In other words, that salvation is
> contingent upon endurance 'to the end' -- and the complementary
> principle that those who fall away from the Faith will not be saved."

Endurance is evidence of the presence of the Holy
Spirit given that the Bible tells us that no test
has come to man that is uncommon in history nor one
under which he is unable bear up with the help of
the Holy Spirit, but when a man who has the Holy
Spirit is weak in his faith God through His Holy
Spirit will provide a way out so that he will not
be destroyed.  If one does not endure then one has
not the Holy Spirit.

Jesus may also have been addressing the need to
cling to ones faith "enduring" so that one will
not be crushed "thus being saved from being crushed"
by the ferocity of the last days attacks.

--
Respectfully ... dmc

Home page: http://bibleseven.com

Biblical Christianity is Jesus