[CS-FSLUG] City attacks Catholic Church

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 16:39:42 CDT 2006

On 4/7/06, Michael Bradley, Jr. <michaelsbradleyjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Here's my question, doc:  according to your interpretation of Scripture,
> do those 95%, whom you predict will fall away because "their discipleship
> has been so shallow," lose their salvation, or were they never saved to
> begin with.  If the latter, then why does Our Lord state it the way he does
> -- that "enuring to the end" will save those who do so?

Upon review of my own message, I realized that I didn't state my last
question in the clearest fashion. Though my original formulation could be
taken according to my intended meaning, the way I wrote it might suggest to
some that I understand the passage to mean that "by his endurance" a man
earns his salvation.  Of course that is not my personal belief nor is it the
teaching of the Catholic Church.

Perhaps I should have written my question as follows:  "... If the latter,
then why does Our Lord make the statement in this way, suggesting that 'in
order for a man to be saved, he must endure in his faith (or discipleship,
or obedience to the Gospel, or however one wishes to state it) to the end.'
In other words, that salvation is contingent upon endurance 'to the end' --
and the complementary principle that those who fall away from the Faith will
not be saved."

Thanks for your patience.

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Michael Bradley, Jr.