[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Change of Statement of Faith

.mash re.mash at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 23:41:00 CDT 2005

On 9/11/05, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:
>      Just a brief look at what Hinn is preaching now is enough to
> show he is still bordering on heresy with things like the prosperity
> gospel.

Tim, can you explain briefly what is Hinns prosperity message is about ?

Just my thoughts on the subject as a whole.

We must remember that God will be the final judge of these people and
what damage or healing they have done in their lives. We must be
careful not to judge them ourselves and end up despising their
practises. At one point these men may have been incredible witnesses
for God. Fame has corrupted them and they have lost their servitude.
Lets be careful that we aren't just despising them because of the poor
image of Christianity they are showing which, through our own pride we
feel reflects on us.

To be honest I really don't care what the mainstream public perceive
as Christianity, I am more concerned about the people I can reach on a
day to day level. And if I am competing with glamour and TV splendour
then awesome. I thank God for the real struggle my relationship with
Christ is. Christianity finally becomes the straight and narrow that
it was shown as and not the cushiony soft self-help-mental-state that
religion has now become.

Galatians 2:20:

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ
liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the
faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.