[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Change of Statement of Faith

Jerry VanBrimmer jevb.1 at runbox.com
Sun Sep 11 01:10:13 CDT 2005

Note: this is not aimed at any one person in particular.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy this "ignore 'em and love 'em" attitude.
They are "wolves in sheep's clothing", and they need to be exposed as
such. Ignoring those of the likes of Benny Hinn, Copeland, et. al.
is why the church has degraded to the state it is in now. The greatest of
all apostles warned us: "For I know this, that after my departure shall
grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock." Acts 20:29.
All of this great apostle's letters were written for "instruction,
reproof, and rebuke". He fought hard against heresy, he called them
blasphemers, and called on them to check their conscience for stealing,
adultry, idolatry, lawbreaking, and hypocrisy. Rom. 2:17-29. He made no
bones about calling them "false apostles, deceitful workers,
transforming themselves into the apostles of God", 2 Cor 11:13. This
great Apostle spent a lot of his ministry calling out and identifying
false teachers and alerting the church about them and their false
teachings. And, may I dare say that Jesus Himself did much of the same:
Luke 11:37 - 12:3. I wonder how "loving" Jesus was toward the Pharasees?

Yes, we need to be loving toward them, but we also need to expose their
heresy and error.

P.S. - I am not targeting any one person in this thread, this was just a
conveinient place for me to insert my comments.

--
Godspeed,
Jerry