[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Change of Statement of Faith

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Sep 10 23:03:04 CDT 2005

> I am not a big Hank Hanagraff fan as he too often has
> been graceless and has imposed personal preferences
> upon the Word of God.  There are plenty of other good
> sources for Biblical accountability other than the self-
> annointed "Bible Answerman".

     I would agree about Hanagraff, if for no other reason than the
controversy surrounding his ascension to the top of CRI. He has some
blemishes it would appear, of which he has not repented if they are
true (as the family of the CRI founder Walter Martin claim). However,
he is right a lot of the time. I just tend to avoid him since he is a
bit of a lightning rod and hence gets in the way of good arguments
such as those Ed has made.

     Just a brief look at what Hinn is preaching now is enough to
show he is still bordering on heresy with things like the prosperity
gospel.

     -Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Now  that  I am a  Christian  I  do have moods
Editor, OfB.biz   | in which the whole thing looks very improbable:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | but when I was an  atheist I had moods in which
timothybutler.us  | Christianity looked terribly probable."
                                                       -- C.S. Lewis