[CS-FSLUG] Firewall query

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Mon Oct 31 16:12:03 CST 2005

On Linux, you could actually watch every packet with tcpdump. It would
tell you what port and such are moving around and where they are going.
This way you could tell the port.

If you wanted to just watch traffic going out your firewall from you
wife's computer (assuming your win machine is your wife's and it goes
through your computer as a firewall) you could run a line like:
Tcpdump -I eth0 'host 192.168.1.125' to show only packets going in or
out eth0 related to host with IP ending in 125. You could also add 'and
not port 80' to filter out the http traffic.

JSR/