[CS-FSLUG] Firewall query

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Oct 31 20:39:06 CST 2005

Ritchie, Josiah S. wrote:

> If you wanted to just watch traffic going out your firewall from you
> wife's computer (assuming your win machine is your wife's and it goes
> through your computer as a firewall) you could run a line like:
> Tcpdump -I eth0 'host 192.168.1.125' to show only packets going in or
> out eth0 related to host with IP ending in 125. You could also add 'and
> not port 80' to filter out the http traffic.

No, we are both connected to the supplied router, which has its own
wimpy firewall. I have only one ethernet port, so we are independent.
(Shhhhh. I'm trying to find excuses to convince her she needs Linux. I'm
giving an honest effort to finding solutions, but only through her own
machine.)

--
Ed Hurst