[CS-FSLUG] Firewall query

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Oct 31 15:47:01 CST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:39:01 -0600, Ritchie, Josiah S.
<jritchie at bible.edu> wrote:

> The firewall should keep track of the kinds of things it blocks.

It does. However, I'm not sure it declares everything that would be of
interest to me. Some of my research on this indicates it only shows up
when one runs a decent software firewall on XP: ZoneAlarm, Sygate, Kerio,
etc. There are at *lot* of people griping about this on forums all over.
The browser is completely immaterial. Even if the browser itself blocks
popups, etc., there's no problem. Only when this =something= is blocked at
the firewall does it break the webmail interface. Turn off the firewall
and all is well.

My experience teaches me even if I have a commercial account at Yahoo,
they hold themselves unaccountable. In my situation, I do not have any
options -- SBC/Yahoo is the only broadband provider in this area under T1
prices.

--
Ed Hurst