[CS-FSLUG] FreeBSD install question

.mash re.mash at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 05:31:44 CDT 2005

> As usual, Windows is on hda1. That's where I want to put FreeBSD. So, the
> question is, can I installl FBSD into that partition without disturbing any of
> the other partitions? The reason I don't want to disturb any of the other
> partitions is because I have Slackware on hda6, 7, & 8.

I cant imagine it would not disturb anything. Only reason windows mucks
around with partitions is I think because of filesystem and the MBR changes it
does without letting you perform any configuration whatsoever on install.
If you were to Fdisk and create a BSD partition, you would just
install there and
then modify the bootloader GRUB/LILO to see the BSD part.

Because they are both *nix they should not disturb each other.

But to cover my ass, don't quote me on that :)