[CS-FSLUG] Another SUSE complaint

.mash re.mash at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 19:06:23 CDT 2005

On 10/16/05, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/15/05, .mash <re.mash at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Nathan
>  I tried learning Slackware and then spent time building packages for Ark
> Linux, personally there's too much documentation out there which assumes a
> solid background to make it even slightly easy.

I forget sometimes the blessing apt-get is and the community of people who
bulid .deb packages. The amount of time you find a prepackaged app with all
its extras (Mplayer/Codecs.)
I looked at slackware when I first started Linux but ran away an hid as
it looked like masochism in I.T.

It might be worthwhile trying Ubuntu. I have not touched it but I hear it is
the "out of the box" Debian.