[CS-FSLUG] NI: Why Linux isn't too fat & MS hurts customers

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 18:10:02 CDT 2005

On 10/15/05, Eduardo Sanchez <lists at sombragris.org> wrote:
> OTOH, if you use KDE, you'll get consistency. Why use Mozilla, when you
> have Konqueror?

It's because my (subjective) impression is that Mozilla Firefox is
still a better browser than Konqueror - hence I use Konqueror as file
manager and Firefox as web browser.

Wherein Windows you have all group[s basically working with the save
set of widgets and dialog  boxes, in Linux there are a number of
different such conventions.  I don't think that any one widget set /
GUI library has a monopoly on the "best" applications.  Why use
something "good" when you can use something "better" or "best"?

David