[CS-FSLUG] NI: Why Linux isn't too fat & MS hurts customers

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Sat Oct 15 13:17:03 CDT 2005

If that's what you mean, then you're right. But then, you said:

> and I also can't for example copy a URL from Konqueror into Mozilla.

So I didn't think specifically in terms of protocol support.

OTOH, if you use KDE, you'll get consistency. Why use Mozilla, when you
have Konqueror?

> > > Programs wlll often
> > > have different hotkeys, and also many different yet similar
> > > dialogs for such things as print whereas for both Windows and Mac
> > > OS this is quite standardized.  Take a look at the difference in
> > > the print dialogs in Mozilla and Konqueror for example - there a
> > > whole lot of difference and some redundant configuration can also
> > > be required.
> >
> > They might be different, yes. By the way, do you know that you can
> > use the same print dialog of Konqueror in Mozilla?
>

> I'm aware that you can setup the print command in Mozilla to spawn
> the same print dialog as Konqueror - however, then you're still stuck
> going through Mozilla's print dialog if only to spawn the next one.
> Is there a way to get rid of the intermediate Mozilla print box that
> I'm unaware of?

No... you'll have to go through that dialog unavoidably; but you can
just press "Enter" without looking ;). Point granted to yours, of
course; but again, why use Mozilla in KDE? Use Konqueror instead!

Blessings,

Eduardo

--
Prof. Eduardo Sanchez