[CS-FSLUG] Re: Bob Parks' Blog on Bennett Comments (Ignore)

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 10 09:04:05 CDT 2005

> Still, it's problematic that he chose to replace "low-income" with
> "black".

The context included the rush to promote free abortions
to Katrina refugees, esp. New Orleans, which *everyone*
knew and knows were mostly blacks.

> I am not suggesting that he is an advocate
> of aborting black babies.  I'm sure we're all aware that white women
> make up the majority of welfare recipients.  Going by his remarks, we
> could solve our welfare problem by executing white women - or at least
> aborting their babies.  Even if it were immoral and impossible, it
> would solve the welfare problem, right?  And it's o.k. for me to
> suggest that?  I don't think so.

He didn't suggest that!

He said that others suggested it and that it was
morally reprehensible for them to so suggest.

And although the numeric majority of the poor are white and
the numeric majority of those receiving abortions are white
the statistical reality is that crimes (at least those that
are detected and successfully prosecuted and recorded) are
disproportionately the result of poor choices by blacks.

Let's use numbers (I have made no effort to make document
the numbers and they are probably well off the real numbers,
I am using them to illustrate the point):

1,000 people

600 white
400 black

The 400 blacks represent 70% of all crime.

Blacks tend to have 2x the babies as whites.

Across both races abortion takes 10% of all children in
the womb.

Does not the dispassionate math say that more blacks
will die in the womb (because there are more of them
in the wombs per capita black vs white) and that as a
result the overall percentage of blacks in the population
will not rise as quickly and that given the higher
percentage of crimes reported as committed by blacks
that inevitably the overall crime rate will diminish?

As I said before, this is a snapshot in time.  Had
the Democrats used the several trillion dollars given
toward "the war on poverty" responsibly we would not
be facing this tragedy in the black community -- but
we are.

This has nothing to do with race, it is about momentary
sociological conditions and the predictable consequences
based on historical observations for generations.

If we deny the problem we prevent the solution -- we
have to take better care of "the least among us" so
they may become fully our peers.  Abortion-genocide is
the answer of nazi-like abortionists but it is not
that of civilized persons.

Again, Bennett was right, his critics are wrong.

--
Respectfully,

David Colburn, D.Min., M.A.Co.

Freelance Journalist/Writer,