[CS-FSLUG] NI: Japan: Sayonara, Windows! Konichiwa, Linux!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Oct 7 10:35:50 CDT 2005

"What happened to Microsoft in Massachusetts, whose officials haven't been
convinced by the Redmond giant to wait quietly for Office 12, a product
promised to be more "friendly" with the Office suite with the Open XML
standard, will be a puny earthquake compared to the tsunami prepared by
Japan!

AP informs that the Japanese officials have started to ponder upon the
introduction of Linux on governmental PCs, in order to break free from
Microsoft and its Windows operating system.

One of the Internal Affairs and Communications ministry officials, cited by
AP, said that the Open Source software should be regarded as an "important
option" for the governmental acquisition policy."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Japan-Sayonara-Windows-Konichiwa-Linux-10040.shtml

to you, at this time.