[CS-FSLUG] NI: Chinese Christian Zhang Yi-nan out of prison!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Oct 4 15:23:06 CDT 2005

CHINA  (VOM sources)

 On September 25th, Chinese Christian Zhang Yi-nan was released from the Ping
Ding Shan City Bailou Labor Camp in Henan province, China. Zhang's wife, Ding
Guizhen, and their son, Zhang Kairi, were waiting for him at the steel gate
of the prison camp but were not immediately allowed to welcome him home.
Zhang had completed two years of laojiao-"re-education through labor"-before
being escorted out of the camp by 10 policemen. Instead of being taken
immediately home, he was first taken to the Lushan County Police Station
where he was "instructed" about what he should not tell or do following his
release. Police reportedly told him that he was "very defiant," because he
wouldn't admit his "mistakes"-choosing to be a Christian and to be a part of
an unregistered house church. He was finally allowed to go home with his wife
and son in the early afternoon. When he arrived home, one of his first
activities was to watch the video documentary, The Cross: Jesus in China.
(Click here)

 Give joyful thanks to God for the release of our brother in Christ. Thank Him
for Zhang's faithful, persevering witness to his Savior. Pray God will
protect him and his family from officials who don't realize they are battling
a Power much greater than they.

to you, at this time.