[CS-FSLUG] Interesting Challenge for Christian Hackers

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Tue May 31 10:05:37 CDT 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005 09:01:24 -0500
James Thompson <jwthompson2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Out of sheer curiosity, how is this helpful and who is the audience? I
> doubt terrible many programmer types (self included) would respond to
> this in any positive way. If this is for a .sig then it seems like an
> awfully cryptic way to share the Gospel. I just want to know what the
> point is.
>

> -James

In every age we have found ways to make the Gospel relevant.  It doesn't
have to be used in a .sig, but I thought it might be interesting to see the
logic of the Gospel, so to speak.  Imagine if a programmer wrote a
response.  Then we'd have a dialogue.  You're probably right, though.  I'm
not sure it'll convert the masses of unbelieving programmers out there.
Still, if just one person comes to Christ through it, you couldn't call it a
waste.

If you don't think it merits your time/effort, don't worry about it.  It's
also intended to be something kind of fun.  I notice it took a little time
for some - others had already done this.  That means someone sat down and
gave it a bit of thought.  So, even if it turns out to be a time waster, I'm
sure it was at least a bit of fun. :)  I know I enjoyed reading them.

Don
--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/