[CS-FSLUG] OT: Is Microsoft considering acquisition of Red Hat?

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun May 15 20:54:27 CDT 2005

On 5/13/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=1369&tag=nl.e539
>
> --
>              "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"
>  Brought to you by the US Department of Homeland Security
> and the Patriot Act(s) numerous Presidential Directives, etc.

Hey, what if we're all wrong?  What if Red Hat was making a rather
early bid to bail out Msft?  I can just see it now.

Szulik: Steve, face it.  You're sunk. (Steve giggles.)  Right now you
have the money to buy us and pretty much every commercial distro on
the market.  But Longhorn is now Looonng-drawn-out-horn.  All you
really have is a bloated XP.  Users will desert you left and right.
They'll discover the freedom and real innovation of the GNU/Linux
community, and they'll join them in laughing at you.  Let me help you.

Ballmer: Still giggling.

Szulik:  Well, think about it and call me when you're ready for a
bailout.  By then, we'll be in better shape anyway.

If I had a better imagination, I could draw this out further.  Not a
likely scenario, but if we're going to speculate, we may as well have
fun at it.
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/