[CS-FSLUG] OT: Is Microsoft considering acquisition of Red Hat?

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Tue May 17 00:08:36 CDT 2005

I don't think Red Hat is in much of a position to take the desktop
Linux market, they are more workstation oriented. If you want to see
what I mean try using something like Lycoris or Ark, keeping in mind
that Ark and Lycoris haven't yet had the funding of Red Hat and Ark is
still in need of some serious debugging but when they have properly
matured they will be much better.

By the time a mass migration to Linux happens I think distributions
like Ark, Lycoris, Ubuntu and many of the other smaller ones will gain
a lot while Mandrake, Red Hat and SUSE will for the most part only get
the commercial customers. Thats just my opinion though.