[CS-FSLUG] Nero [NeroLINUX]

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 02:02:58 CST 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:47:52 -0800, David Aikema <daikema at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:25:29 -0600, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've always liked that idea, versions for every OS should be included
> > in the one box without increasing the price. With games like "Rise of
> > Nations" you have to buy a specialized version for each OS it
> > supports, so if you want to use it in both Windows and Mac OS X you
> > have to buy a specific copy for each.
>
> At least with my copies of AOE II, the mac version was a port done by
> a separate company, and probably a year or so after the release of the
> original PC version of the game (and it wasn't cheap).  A little
> difficult bundling the two products together that way I think.  I
> suspect that Rise of Nations followed a similar route.
>
> David

I just think they ought to let users choose whether they want a
multi-OS distro.  If so, that's fine.  If not, don't make 'em purchase
the one just to get the other.  If they have decided to bundle 'em all
together, at one low price, great.

Someone mentioned Roxio.  Frankly, Roxio was one of the reasons I no
longer use Windows - or proprietary software.  Their CD Burning
software bombed on me when I upgraded from Win98 --> WinXP.  They
fixed it so you couldn't re-install the basic version after a certain
date because they expected you to upgrade by then.

The only alternative I could find at the time didn't work with my
burner.  I finally figured out how to burn CDs in X-CDRoast under SUS
8.0, which is about when I began seriously focusing on GNU/Linux.
Come to think of it, I should probably shoot off an e-mail thanking
Roxio for helping me finally put my heart into learning GNU/Linux!

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/