[CS-FSLUG] Nero [NeroLINUX]

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Mar 14 13:02:58 CST 2005

> I just think they ought to let users choose whether they want a
> multi-OS distro.  If so, that's fine.  If not, don't make 'em purchase
> the one just to get the other.  If they have decided to bundle 'em all
> together, at one low price, great.

	Sounds like what they are doing to me, save that the GNU/Linux version
must be downloaded after purchase. Presuming the GNU/Linux version
would cost the same as the Windows version, I think the bundle is
ideal... at any rate, many people already own the Windows version, so
this works even better than including the GNU/Linux version in the
box... you don't have to go out and buy another copy of Nero. :-)

> Someone mentioned Roxio.  Frankly, Roxio was one of the reasons I no
> longer use Windows - or proprietary software.  Their CD Burning
> software bombed on me when I upgraded from Win98 --> WinXP.  They
> fixed it so you couldn't re-install the basic version after a certain
> date because they expected you to upgrade by then.

	If it makes you feel any better, the versions that came out pre-XP
were incompatible with XP anyway, in my experience.

> The only alternative I could find at the time didn't work with my
> burner.  I finally figured out how to burn CDs in X-CDRoast under SUS
> 8.0, which is about when I began seriously focusing on GNU/Linux.
> Come to think of it, I should probably shoot off an e-mail thanking
> Roxio for helping me finally put my heart into learning GNU/Linux!

	Hehe. That is interesting. Outlook was what did it for me.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |