[CS-FSLUG] The new enlightenment

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 16:43:35 CDT 2005

The new enligntenment looks cool,

E17 is a fast, graphics intensive desktop (I loaded
the Fedora RPM's from the BLAG testing repositories).
However, after reading about it, it seems that it
doesn't do much. All looks and speed, but no real
functionality. Hmmmmm ... it's been my experience that
the better something looks, the less it has to do to
be popular. Functionality seems to play second fiddle
second to asthetics. And I found myself thinking that
way when using the new enlightenment. I can hear
myself saying,

"Does it matter what it does ... just look at it.
Wow!"

I'm so human. I studied this in school and yet I can't
help but still be bound by it. Human nature ... ach!

Gabe