[CS-FSLUG] html editor for Windows ?

Jukka jukka.ylonen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:46:03 CST 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:12:46 +0000, Nigel Ridley <nigel at i-amfaithweb.net> wrote:
> My laptop has started to play up and Linux won't run on it anymore so I
> put back WinME on it.
> So now I need some good open source apps to install. I already have the
> Sword Project and OpenOffice but am really looking for an html editor --
> nothing too heavy nor one of those 'wysiwyg' things.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.
>
> BTW. If anyone knows how to add a boot parameter to ignore a certain pci
> [onboard] card so that I could run Linux again that would be even better.
> I did manage to do a 'lspci -vv' when it did actually boot properly, so
> I could track down exactly what to tell the boot parameter (if you know
> what I mean).
> WinME got stuck trying to load the driver for the 'mini pci modem' so it
> looks like it is the onboard modem that is the culprit.
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel

Hi Nigel!

I did a search about open source software for windows and found this site:
http://www.jairlie.com/oss/suggestedapplications.html

It mentions these "text/html"-editors:
SciTE - Not specifically for HTML but works well. Includes syntax high-lighting.
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
Jext - Programmers editor.
http://www.jext.org
jEdit - Programmers editor written in Java.
http://www.jedit.org/
KeyNote - Tabbed notebook with Rich Text editor
http://www.tranglos.com/free/keynote.html
PhpEdit - PHP IDE for Windows.
http://www.waterproof.fr/

Blessings,