[CS-FSLUG] Psychics and talking to the dead

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sat Jan 22 19:25:16 CST 2005

DAILY DEVOTIONAL    SATURDAY JANUARY 22, 2005
(Leviticus 19:31)

***Psychics and talking to the dead.  Unfortunately this is an issue many
struggle with in varying degrees.  It is NOT to be laughed off, since this
is one of the subtle ways the enemy can get into our life.  This is VERY
serious and deserves your attention.  John Edward is one of the most
visible people who proclaim to "talk to the dead".  Let me go on record as
saying Mr. Edward is an out and out fraud who does what he does for personal
gain.  HE CAN NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE DEAD!!!

His TV program "Crossing Over" is an abomination to God!  Sadly, there are
many people that have no foundation in the Word of God, are hurting, and
looking for answers.  These are the people John Edward and other
"psychics" prey upon.  Miss Cleo was the latest "TV Psychic" to be exposed
as a fraud and go out of business.  Ever wonder what happened to the Psychic
Friends Network?  They went bankrupt after pocketing millions of dollars and
not paying their bills..  It came to light that the "psychic" people spoke
to were  actually minimum wage telemarketers reading a script designed to
make the caller stay on the line as long as possible to run up their phone
bill.  That is the same scam Miss Cleo was running.  JOHN EDWARD IS NO
DIFFERENT.  HE IS A FRAUD!!!!  My friend, RUN from this stuff.  It is
rooted in the pits of hell itself!!!

***FOR THOSE WHO WILL TRY TO DEFEND EDWARD, SYLVIA BROWN, AND THE OTHER
FRAUDS WHO DO THIS, LET ME WARN YOU THAT YOU ARE DOING SO IN 100% OPPOSITION
TO WHAT GOD SAYS.   IT IS GOD, NOT ME THAT CALLS THIS TYPE OF ACTIVITY AN
ABOMINATION.  SO PRAY, AND DECIDE WHOSE SIDE YOU ARE ON...GOD'S OR THOSE WHO
GOD CONDEMNS.

Reading your horoscope.  Many people start the day by turning to their
newspaper and reading their horoscope.  Harmless fun?  Actually, as harmless
as it may seem, those horoscope predictions are rooted in satanism and
straight from the very pits of hell itself.  I have always been amazed how
so many Christians routinely play around with their horoscope, without ever
realizing how wrong it really is.  Now you may be thinking that I am way off
base on this issue, but trust me, what I will share is not my opinion, but
straight from the Word of God itself.

God created the heavens and the stars, and like everything God creates,
satan has perverted it and used it incorrectly.  The horoscope is an
abomination because it is used to see into the future.  Let me tell you
right now...NO ONE BUT GOD KNOWS THE FUTURE!  The horoscope
is based on witchcraft, sorcery, and is an absolute satanic device.  Will
you go
to hell for reading your horoscope?  Of course not.  But why would you want
to be involved in something that God clearly tells us to stay away from?

I already know that I will be getting many emails from people telling me
that I am making too much of this issue.  People that will tell me that
there are more important things to worry about.  But the reason I am dealing
with this subject today is to illustrate how blind we often are, and how we
can innocently get involved with things that are straight from satan himself
without ever realizing it.  When you go to the zoo and see the lions, there
is always a very large fence or some other protective mechanism making it
virtually impossible for you to ever come in contact with them.  Why?
Obviously because they are very dangerous and could easily kill you if you
ever came face to face with them.

There are many things in life that we protect ourselves from once we know
they can be dangerous to us.  I want to tell you today that playing around
with your zodiac sign, reading your horoscope, is no different that jumping
the fence at the zoo to go play with the lions.  You are opening yourself up
to a very dangerous situation which is why God has tried to warn us from
this type of thing in His Word.

I really do love you and care about you deeply.  I realize that many of you
think there is nothing wrong with reading your horoscope.  Many use these
psychic networks that are so prevalent.  Again I tell you, only God knows
the future.  For the most part, these fortune tellers are just a way to make
money off of people's troubles.  But the problem is, on top of the monetary
cost involved, you are turning to someone other than God for answers.  Only
God has the answers, but the real sin in turning to horoscopes, psychics,
witchcraft, is putting your faith and hope in something other than God
Himself.

We read the sad account of King Saul, who near the end of his life in
desperation turns from the God of Israel that anointed him king, and turned
to a witch.  The sin was putting his faith in something or someone other
than God for answers and direction.  That is the key reason why horoscopes
are not something those who follow Christ should be involved with.  If you
need direction, answers, help in your time of need, turn to God.  Put your
faith in the Lord.

I will be praying for you today.  I understand that many of you are caught
up in the horoscopes and psychics and you will be in my prayers.  God will
give you the strength to turn away form this satanic activity and turn to
Him in your time of need.  For many who never totally understood the serious
nature of this type of activity, now you know so run from it.  It is not
something to even fool around with.  When we need guidance, direction,
answers, we need to turn to the only source in the universe that can truly
help us, God Almighty, the Creator of the heavens and earth Himself.  Turn
from satan and his evil inventions.  Look to God.

I don't often do this, but I am including many scripture references for you
to read to understand how bad this whole horoscope, witchcraft, psychic
world really is.  Take 15 minutes and read these passages, and let the Holy
Spirit bring you under total conviction about how dangerous this activity
is.  Genesis 44:15, Numbers 22:7, Deut 18:14, I Samuel 6:2, Jer 27:9,
Ezekiel 13:23,21:21, Zechariah 10:2, Acts16:16, Genesis 41:24, Exodus
7:11,8:19, 9:11, Deut 18:11, I Samuel 28:11, Isaiah 8:19, 2:6, Daniel
2:27,5:7,
Deut 18:10, 2Kings 17:17, 21:6, Isaiah 47:9, Malachi 3:5 Acts 8:11, 13:6
Exodus
22:18, Leviticus 19:31, 20:6, I Samuel 15:23 28:7, 2 Kings 9:22, 23:24, I
Chronicles 10:13, Isaiah 8:19, 19:3, 29:4, Galatians 5:20.

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email at
bkeller at liveprayer.com

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is now
available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

(C)opyright 2005, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."