[CS-FSLUG] PD: ACLU musings

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Sat Jan 22 17:41:09 CST 2005

I'm sure this will likely start a flame-rant, but I've been looking at
the ACLU's list of time they defended religious freedom through
seperation of church and state.  It seems that there's a pretty even
split between timees when the ACLU's activities are anti-religion and
pro-religion.  Basically, it appears that when religious groups try to
get the government to enforce policy for them, the ACLU gets involved,
and the religious group in question gets its nose out of joint.  When
they act to prevent the government from inhibitting a religious
organization, no one says thank you.

I'm sure this will start some flame, but here's the URL in question.
It's given me some food for thought.

http://www.aclu.org/ReligiousLiberty/ReligiousLibertymain.cfm?ContentType=&ContentStyle=1&num=1000

Aaron Lehmann