[CS-FSLUG] YaST problem

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 23 15:31:26 CST 2005

I've got a problem with the YaST software installer, I added one of the FTP
sources to get the rest of the software and I tried to install the software
but it froze at 38% for a very long time and finally I killed the process
with KDE System guard. Unfortunately no however YaST thinks it has properly
installed all the packages I had selected when it locked up but the packages
are not installed, I cannot track down each package that didn't install and
those that are dependencies are absent despite YaST thinking they are there.

I don't want to have to reinstall, is there a better way to fix this?

Really dumb of SUSE not to consider such a possible problem when writing YaST
I think.

--
http://celerate.blogspot.com/