[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That (genetic link)

Jerry VanBrimmer jevb at runbox.com
Fri Jan 14 00:13:31 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 06:05:00PM -0500, Don Parris wrote:
> Biblical counseling pioneer, Jay Adams, addressed this very issue in
> his book, "Competent to Counsel".  [WARNING: Some of this may be a
> little off base, due to the length of time since I covered this
> material - will have to doublecheck it later.] There he lays the
> argument that our actions, repeated over a lengthy period of time,
> become part of our "phusis", so as to become a part of our very
> nature.  I forget the scriptural reference(s).  Adams also promoted
> what has been a recurring theme in our discussion, namely the idea
> that change is possible.  We could revisit the rich young ruler/eye of
> the needle - all things are possible... with God.

I have always believed that to be true, but I never had any evidence for
it. How else could it be that scientists have found that alcholics have
a unique gene? (At least that's what I've heard)  Given enough time, your
lifestyle can alter your very
core nature. How else could you explain the fact that Adam's
decendent's lifespans grew increasinly shorter? Their very genetic
nature was altered by their lifestyle of sin.

I have that book somewhere, I'll have to dig it out and reread it.
Thanks for the reminder Don.

--
The KING is coming!..................Rev. 1:7
The bottom line......................John 3:3-7