TD: Re: [CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Tue Jan 11 11:46:49 CST 2005

> Let's say I am a homosexual (which im far from) and a Christian comes
> to me
> and tells me that I'm a bigot, im nasty, I'm just downright wrong and
> sinful
> or as Gabe put it "Pure nasty and distasteful", do you think I would
> give a
> second thought on asking you to help me?

	Indeed. That's why I always try to avoid comparing homosexuality to
"horrible sins." It's the same as every other type of sin. Comparing it
to premarital, heterosexual sex is especially useful (instead of
calling it "pure nasty and distasteful, for instance), IMO, since it
levels the playing field, particularly if the person confronting them
is unmarried. Suddenly the confronter has established common ground
with the confrontee even if the former has never had same-sex
attractions.

	Coming out firing with verbal ammunition does no favors for anyone.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |