TD: Re: [CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

David M. david at davidcentral.net
Tue Jan 11 05:59:55 CST 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 01:11 am, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 08:50:54AM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 January 2005 02:59, David M. wrote:
> > > Coping is one thing.
> > > Being thrown to the wolves is another.
> >
> > Especially true when the wolves live inside you.
>
> I'm not understanding this portion of the discussion.  David, are you
> maintaining that homosexuals are that way by nature, and, if you are,
> are you maintaining that that nature is unchangeable?  If so, what is
> the properly Christian response to this, in your opinion?  If not, what
> are you saying?
>
> In asking these questions I want it to be clearly understood, I do not
> ask them argumentatively or acusatively, but interogatively.  I am not
> understanding David's position.

Ok, some of the e-mails strayed a little bit but, here is why I said this:

Let's say I am a homosexual (which im far from) and a Christian comes to me
and tells me that I'm a bigot, im nasty, I'm just downright wrong and sinful
or as Gabe put it "Pure nasty and distasteful", do you think I would give a
second thought on asking you to help me?

so coping with the sin is hard, but when someone starts being harsh like this,
it just turns them aginst you (throwing them to the wolves) instead of being
caring and loving and understanding in a way that you can influence them to
go in the other direction.

--
David M.