TD: Re: [CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

David M. david at davidcentral.net
Mon Jan 10 15:32:34 CST 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 03:35 pm, Stephen J. McCracken wrote:
> David M. wrote:
> >>
> >>A better analogy would be something like:
> >>
> >>Let's say that I had a broken arm with a cast on it.  Now, if I later
> >>take that cast off of my arm and walk around without it would I be
> >>living a lie?  Well, it all comes down to whether or not my arm was
> >>actually healed before I take that cast off of my arm.
> >>
> >>If God healed my arm and I DON'T take that cast off then I would be
> >>living a lie.  If my arm were NOT healed and I took that cast off then I
> >>still would be living a lie.  BUT if God healed my arm and I take that
> >>cast off then I would NOT be living a lie, but be a living testimony of
> >>the power of God to heal.
> >>
> >>I leave it to the reader to make the proper application in the current
> >>discussion.
> >
> > IMHO, this isn't a good analogy. A broken arm doesn't even come near the
> > emotional trauma one suffers from being different.
> >
> > Understand what im saying?
> >
> > I think the women on this list can relate to this in a huge way.
> >
> > Having said that, my whole point in my anology meant that has anyone here
> > ever thought that this man chose to hide his lifestyle again to escape
> > from the emotional trauma and persecution so he could be fully accepted
> > and loved by the people he holds dear to him?
>
> I still think it's a good analogy.  No analogy is perfect, but is used
> to illustrate.  My analogy was used to illustrate the healing power of
> God and a change happening.  Your analogy and response imply that one
> can't change from being homosexual to heterosexual.  I believe that God
> can change people!  (Praise Him!!)

Yes, im sorry it was a good analogy for what you were trying to explain, so
forgive me on that.

> To change my analogy to your situation would read something like:
>
> Let's say that I am hard of hearing and need to wear a hearing aid.
> Now, if I later take that hearing aid off and walk around without it
> would I be living a lie?

No, but to take it off and give people the impression that you can hear is
living a lie.

> Well, it all comes down to whether or not my
> hearing was actually healed before I take the hearing aid off.
>
> If God healed my hearing and I DON'T take the hearing aid off then I
> would be living a lie.  If my hearing were NOT healed and I took the
> hearing aid off then I still would be living a lie.  BUT if God healed
> my hearing and I take the hearing aid off then I would NOT be living a
> lie, but be a living testimony of the power of God to heal.

While this is true, you are speaking of the physical aspect of it. I am trying
to change your thinking to the psychological aspect of it.

See above your asking if I would be living a lie if I took off my aid, thats
not a lie, but telling or giving an impression to other people that I am not
hearing impaired would be a lie.

It's the psychological part of this that I'm trying to get across.

> Is that one better?  I didn't try to bring in any emotional baggage.
> Growing up we all have to learn to cope with what makes us different
> (hearing aid, thick glasses (me), being skinny (me), being fat, being
> geeky (me), being extremely quiet and shy (me, again), etc.).  With
> God's help we can get past all this!  (Praise Him!!)

Ok. But, how wide of a spectrum and how deep of a scar does having thick
glasses, skinny, fat, geeky, and shy have compared to being a homosexual,
deaf, blind, crippled, and mentally challenged have?

Do you get turned down from a job cuz your geeky or wear thick glasses or for
being skinny? It may have happened, but not often am I right?

But how often do women, homosexuals, wheelchair bound, hearing impaired,
mentally challenged people get turned down for a job. I'd say very quite
often. Has happened to me many a times.

What I'm trying to say here is that none of us know for a fact or not whether
homosexuality is a decision or a disease and just because a couple people
that claimed to be homosexual decide to become a hetrosexual and vice versa
really doesn't prove anything to me.

IMHO it's not a disease or a decision it's a natural thing. Do any of the guys
on this list like hairy underarms? hairy chests? hairy legs? big feet? hairy
faces? muscular bodies (even on a woman)?

ewwwwwwwwww it's just gross thinking about that but, not because I "decided"
it was gross or because God said it was wrong, but because it's just the way
I am.

Now for anyone on the list reading this thread, let me ask this:

How many of you in a certain point in your life sat down and thought about
whether you wanted to be a hetrosexual or a homosexual? heck might as well
throw in Bi-Sexual. I don't think anyone here ever did that because, they
knew what they were naturally.

--
David M.