[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Mon Jan 10 04:51:51 CST 2005

Leon: that's right. I initially understood Ralph's statement as meaning
"The Bible does not condemn homosexuals but does condemn homosexual sex
(and other sexual practices as part of the religious service)". I was
wrong. As it stands, Ralph's statement is incorrect.

My position is that sexual intercourse is acceptable only within the
boundaries of a lawful marriage, understood as the lifelong,
society-sanctioned, union of one man with one woman. Everything else is
outside the scope of God's will for humankind, be it for pagan service
or for any other purpose.

Blessings,

Eduardo

On Monday 10 January 2005 12:59, Leon Brooks wrote:

> > Alvin, I would suggest you to read more carefully. In the above snip
> > Ralph indeed say he does see sodomy as a sinful act.
>
> Read even more carefully: the limitation "as part of the religious
> service" effectively nullifies what Ralph said. He's putting the focus
> on distancing one's self from paganism, not on the intrinsic wrongness
> of sodomy. Ralph has several times implied or stated that sodomy is
> acceptable for Christians. He appears to make the mistake of filing it
> under "love" rather than under "dissipation".
>
> Cheers; Leon
>
> --
> When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman,
> he said unto her,
> "Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?"
> She said, "No man, Lord".
> And Jesus said unto her, "Neither do I condemn thee:
> go, and sin no more". -- John 8:10-11, KJV

Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America
http://sombragris.villamorra.net
 The Revelations of Devout and Learn'd
 Who rose before us, and as Prophets burn'd,
   Are all but Stories, which, awoke from Sleep
 They told their comrades, and to Sleep return'd.

	-- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam