[CS-FSLUG] [Fwd: Gantt chart software]

R. Thompson ron.t at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 4 20:28:05 CST 2005

Thanks Jukka,

   I tried installing MrProject first, with a Libranet system and now I
have a whole lot of problems.

   Nathan came out to work to help sort out the problems, and fixed some
but now with the updates things are very messed up.

   After updating to Evolution 2.0
    - it will not open common attachments, either inline or as an
option.  Instead it only offers to save the file (such as a pdf).
Evolution 1.4 would open some attachments inline or with an external
program.  I can't find any way to change that.  Evolution will not
print, although there is a print command on the drop down menu.  I
cannot find anyway to configure a printer either.

    - Libranet will no longer shutdown from their log in menu, one must
be logged in and use a shutdown command.

    I'm thinking of trying another distribution, perhaps something not
Debian based, and I definitely what something other than Evolution,
something that can be configured to print and open attachments.

    BTW, how is the weather there?  We're at -29C, it has been colder
this winter, and we'll likely see some temperatures colder than -40C
before winter is over.

             Ron T.