[CS-FSLUG] Genesis 22:10

David M. david at davidcentral.net
Mon Jan 3 15:32:28 CST 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 03:00 pm, you wrote:
> At 02:26 PM 1/3/05, David M. wrote:
> >In Genesis 22:10, Why was Abraham going to slay Isaac? Did I miss
> > something?

Somehow this ended up going straight to Frank instead of the list, so I'll
post it here also. Then I'll post his response to this in the next e-mail
which pointed out to me what I had missed.

>>Frank Bax replied:

>          Genesis 22:2

Genesis 22:2
 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and
get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering
upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

This sounds to me that God told him to take him to Moriah. The burnt offering
I thought was food because:

Genesis 8:20
And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of
every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

Sounds like Noah was cooking Meat from a cow(beast) or a bird(fowl)

So in Genesis 22:2 it sounds like God was telling Abraham to feed Isaac, not
cook him. LOL

--
"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his
handywork."