[CS-FSLUG] Genesis 22:10

David M. david at davidcentral.net
Mon Jan 3 13:44:02 CST 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 02:49 pm, Don Parris wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 14:26 -0500, David M. wrote:
> > Hey guys, I got a question here.
> >
> > In Genesis 22:10, Why was Abraham going to slay Isaac? Did I miss
> > something?
> >
> > It's been 12 years since I've opened my bible, and probably 16 years
> > since I've read Genesis.
>
> Well, David, if all you're reading is that one verse, I'd say you missed
> something.  I would suggest you read the previous and following verses
> to get a better feel for what is happening.  Of course, you may need to
> back up a whole chapter.  Consider it an exercise in discovering the
> "context of a text". :)
>
> Once you've done that, let's talk further.

Already read Genesis 1:1 - all the way up to currently on 24:21.

I haven't skipped a verse. I've missed something.

I plan on reading all 50 chapters on Genesis today.

--
"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus
Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."