[CS-FSLUG] Genesis 22:10

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Mon Jan 3 13:49:43 CST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 14:26 -0500, David M. wrote:
> Hey guys, I got a question here.
>
> In Genesis 22:10, Why was Abraham going to slay Isaac? Did I miss something?
>
> It's been 12 years since I've opened my bible, and probably 16 years since
> I've read Genesis.

Well, David, if all you're reading is that one verse, I'd say you missed
something.  I would suggest you read the previous and following verses
to get a better feel for what is happening.  Of course, you may need to
back up a whole chapter.  Consider it an exercise in discovering the
"context of a text". :)

Once you've done that, let's talk further.