[CS-FSLUG] PD: Typical of liberals.

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Tue Oct 19 18:51:02 CDT 2004

> "David Smith, president and CEO of Sinclair, noted: "The experience of
> preparing to air this news special has been trying for many of those
> involved. The company and many of its executives have endured personal
> attacks of the vilest nature, as well as calls on our advertisers and
> our
> viewers to boycott our stations and on our shareholders to sell their
> stock.
> In addition, and more shockingly, we have received THREATS of
> retribution
> from a member of Senator John Kerry's campaign and have seen attempts
> by
> leading members of Congress to influence the Federal Communications
> Commission to stop Sinclair from broadcasting this news special.
> Moreover,
> these coordinated attacks have occurred without regard to the facts
> since
> they predated the broadcast of our news special.""

	I tend to think that Sinclair is not doing the Right Thing. (tm) But
it is theirs to do wrong, I would wager, and thus those trying to block
them are also quite wrong.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |
Presently on "Albert" (DP PPC 970 "G5" running at 2.0 GHz)