[CS-FSLUG] Canadian bank, intimidation?

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Oct 5 19:24:00 CDT 2004

On Monday October 4 2004 5:41 am, Don Parris wrote:
> I certainly think we as Christians should make clear the distinction
> between a differing viewpoint and homophobia.  For instance, should I
> be labelled an alcohol-phobe because I think it's wrong to abuse
> alcohol?  Or maybe I'm a wild-party-phobe because I consider it
> morally objectional to get together with dozens of other people for
> the purpose of getting totally plastered.
>
> The fact that we view homosexuality as wrong does not mean that
> homosexuals should feel they are in physical danger because they are
> around us.  Nor does it mean that we condone violence against
> homosexuals - any more than we would condone violence against a petty
> thief.  How to convey this symbolically is another question
> altogether.  What I find most interesting is how these people seem to
> imply that we're closed-minded - as if they are any more open-minded
> than we.

That shouldn't surprise you.....it's a liberal's modus operandi. Christians
have been pressured for years to make concessions to these and other groups
who form noisy political groups. First of all, if an issue is a moral one,
concessions SHOULD be out - NOT even in any discussion!! Liberals want all
opposing political groups to always concede something to them, and the
Liberals won't give one inch. The problem often comes when what Liberals want
given as a "concession" is MUCH more than that, and in reality is an approval
of sin. Homosexuality is such an example.

Fred

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."