[CS-FSLUG] Canadian bank, intimidation?

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 04:41:07 CDT 2004

I certainly think we as Christians should make clear the distinction
between a differing viewpoint and homophobia.  For instance, should I
be labelled an alcohol-phobe because I think it's wrong to abuse
alcohol?  Or maybe I'm a wild-party-phobe because I consider it
morally objectional to get together with dozens of other people for
the purpose of getting totally plastered.

The fact that we view homosexuality as wrong does not mean that
homosexuals should feel they are in physical danger because they are
around us.  Nor does it mean that we condone violence against
homosexuals - any more than we would condone violence against a petty
thief.  How to convey this symbolically is another question
altogether.  What I find most interesting is how these people seem to
imply that we're closed-minded - as if they are any more open-minded
than we.