[CS-FSLUG] Need recomendations for Domain and Web Site Hosting

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Nov 30 10:25:19 CST 2004

On Tue November 30 2004 6:44 am, Ralph De Witt wrote:
> Hi:
> I have now decided to put up a personal web site. I started out using a
> simple template for the site, using my ISP's free web site. Along the way,
> I decided to add a section on my Christian belief's and to underscore some
> of them with printed hymn lyrics and embedded wav files of the hymns. How
> ever that is not working out as planed. Seems three pages and one wav
> exceeds my storage capacity. I do not thing the site will get many hits so
> bandwith should not be too big a issue. But storage wil probbly be the
> biggy. I think when all done it should be between 500 mb to a maybe 900 mb.
> This is just a guess. It is looking like each wav file is about 50 mb.
> As I know nothing about getting a domain name or site hosting. I was hoping
> that the list could make some recommendations . Unfortunantly living on a
> fixed retirement cost will be an issue. Thanks for your help in this
> matter.

I wish I could remember what the costs are for a domain registration, but
sorry, I haven't been involved in that for awhile so am not sure. Tim should
be able to give you the cost ASAP.

Fred

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."