[CS-FSLUG] Biggest M$ computer crash in government history!

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 19:30:11 CST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:23:06 -0500, Fred A. Miller
<fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Mon November 29 2004 7:10 pm, Bradly McConnell wrote:
>

> > What bothers me is that EDS is also the company that runs NMCI
> > (Navy-Marine Corp Intranet) which is extremely painful.  If I want to
> > have a number of distribution lists created, I have to fill out three
> > pages of online forms (which don't remember any kind of entry) for
> > each list.  The days of firing off an email to someone with access to
> > Exchange to add in the lists are over.  Just more red tape to cut
> > through.  It's really frustrating - I was the admin for the last ship
> > I was on, and it takes all of about 15 seconds to create a list, and
> > then you can assign whomever the rights to add the users and maintain
> > the list.  Ok, enough ranting.
>
> No, it's NOT enough ranting!! It's LONG, LONG, LONG over due that the US
> dumped MickySoft like the bad habit that it is!!!!!!! Secure it isn't, stable
> it isn't, and it's not even good as a paper weight. :)
>
> Fred

Uh, Fred... I think he was complaining about EDS.  Not that he
wouldn't have reson to complain about MS, of course.  But his comments
were directed at EDS.  I had such respect for Ross, right up until he
discovered the Republican plot to get pictures of his daughters
wedding.  I hope their current CEO can overcome these issues that Brad
is complaining about.

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/