[CS-FSLUG] Biggest M$ computer crash in government history!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Nov 29 19:23:06 CST 2004

On Mon November 29 2004 7:10 pm, Bradly McConnell wrote:
> What bothers me is that EDS is also the company that runs NMCI
> (Navy-Marine Corp Intranet) which is extremely painful.  If I want to
> have a number of distribution lists created, I have to fill out three
> pages of online forms (which don't remember any kind of entry) for
> each list.  The days of firing off an email to someone with access to
> Exchange to add in the lists are over.  Just more red tape to cut
> through.  It's really frustrating - I was the admin for the last ship
> I was on, and it takes all of about 15 seconds to create a list, and
> then you can assign whomever the rights to add the users and maintain
> the list.  Ok, enough ranting.

No, it's NOT enough ranting!! It's LONG, LONG, LONG over due that the US
dumped MickySoft like the bad habit that it is!!!!!!! Secure it isn't, stable
it isn't, and it's not even good as a paper weight. :)

Fred

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."