[CS-FSLUG] Biggest M$ computer crash in government history!

Bradly McConnell bradly.mcconnell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 18:10:01 CST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:38:12 -0500, Don Parris <gnumathetes at gmail.com> wrote:
> "It is believed that the crash was caused when an incompatible system
> was downloaded on to the entire network"
>
> What in the world does _that_ mean????  Lemme guess, the little girl
> from the Cisco commercials was demonstrating what happens when you run
> an unprotected network.  Whoever's at fault will have a really bad
> week this week. :(
>
> Don

What bothers me is that EDS is also the company that runs NMCI
(Navy-Marine Corp Intranet) which is extremely painful.  If I want to
have a number of distribution lists created, I have to fill out three
pages of online forms (which don't remember any kind of entry) for
each list.  The days of firing off an email to someone with access to
Exchange to add in the lists are over.  Just more red tape to cut
through.  It's really frustrating - I was the admin for the last ship
I was on, and it takes all of about 15 seconds to create a list, and
then you can assign whomever the rights to add the users and maintain
the list.  Ok, enough ranting.

Brad